Sunday, May 16, 2010

The last month...

Foreign Language Housing-
It's only the greatest thing since ummm... alright, I'm supposed to have something really cool here. Something better the the usual "sliced bread" slogan. But, I'll be honest. nothing's really coming to me right now.

Anyway, I love this place. I get to speak Spanish 24/7, have dinner with an "inst-Family" basically every night, and socialize like the butterfly I was born to be! At school, I keep wanting to talk to regular people in espanol and it's starting to mess with my mind that not everyone will understand me.

Also, I've been taking some pretty amazing photos of all of our exploits.
1. Pranks- so far Megan, Joy, and Camilla have been the victims. Emily and I covalently bonded by pouring freezing cold water on Meg last weekend. She got me back- don't worry. Next, we put gummy worms dipped in chocolate pudding (like dirt/mud) on the floor of the shower... it was a nice morning sorpesa for Camilla! And last but, not least... THE ALARM CLOCKS!!! We hid a couple of clocks under Joy and Megan's beds. They went off at 3am:) sweet dreams chicas.

2. Seven Wonders of Provo- We dressed up in black shirts and blue jeans, hats, game-day makeup, and million dollar smiles. Yes. it was quite a wonder. Moving on, we saw the Obelisk, Totem pole, Cougar Statue, Ripple's Lemonade Stand, King kong cone Macey's place, Creepy Ampitheater, and finally, the Amazing weeping Willow tree. as a side note, you should also know that we flagged down a random man who was conveniently attractive (no, this is not the first time) outside the cougar statue stadium. He thought we needed car help but, we really just someone to take a picture for us... HA! Last time this happened, I got a date and my own recording of a song out of my strangely innate hitchhiking abilities- this time was just normal:)

3. Salsa dancing- goodness me. Or should I say, goodness of my dance partner. I am telling you- how did I not know Latin Dancing was so fun until now? And where did my hips come from? It's like I suddenly understand stepping in rhythm and not just bobbing sideways. Man, I wish I were latina! But, the good news is that I saw a picture of myself today and I think all of the Spanish has had quite an influence on me- I barely recognized myself. I think I might be able to pass as an Argentinean. Cuz, these hips don't lie and my hoop earrings are about to be worn for the first time.

Ciaosito/Besos, all that good stuff.
Dulce,
La Guapa

No comments:

Post a Comment